Friday, June 22, 2012

Funerals.


A couple of days ago I went to a funeral.
I started writing this post, yesterday I believe and came back to it today, I wasn't sure what to write but I think I'll just ramble on a little.

The person was someone close but not close enough for me to be crying and stuff, sure it was very sad, but it was also interesting to see, it was the first funeral I had been to and I'm glad it was that one, it was all closed coffin and the lady, god rest her soul was lowered into the ground in the coffin too. In some other religions I believe its incredibly different e.g Muslims and what not. Just incase you were wondering, I'm Greek Orthodox.


So, I went because my cousin had asked me to go.. but as it usually does she finds comfort in someone else or kinda just things go meh.. and it did, I didn't expect things to go any more different then they did but of course i was kinda disappointed, all that aside, most of it was okay, it went how they normally go, everyone was crying, sad, showing their respects to the family, but it was her time to go, she had suffered so long, in the slightest, I mean, being diagnosed with a critical heart condition, almost 19 years ago.. she had a tough life and now she can finally be at rest.

It makes me sad, when things like this happen, the lady was 61 years of age, she was young.. now put things into perspective and know that your grandparents are older, or your father has just passed 50.. and each and every one of them could be right around the corner, or some freak accident could happen and someone really close to you could pass, its sad, but its part of life and something we must deal with on a daily basis, I guess going to these things just make the thoughts that flood through a little worse or more intense for the moment.

It kinda sucks.. I lie.. it really fucking sucks but i guess it'll all be okay for now, I couldn't imagine the day that i lost someone really close to me.. I'd be a complete and utter mess.
What can we do? for now we don't think of these things, just I guess, know the time will come.

We can try and hide.

No comments:

Post a Comment